Registration for Outdoor Core
- Outdoor Core Training Dates. Check back for upcoming dates.
- Questions? Contact Vanessa "Shoe" Grose' VGrose@GS-NMTrails.org or 505.343.1040.
None of these options work for you? Contact your Service Unit directly if you are interested in having a course scheduled locally.
Click here for a detailed Outdoor Core packing list.
START TIME 12pm Saturday
END TIME 12pm Sunday
- Plan to eat lunch before the session and be ready to begin learning at noon.
- Make sure you bring a reusable water bottle for everyone you have registered.
- Be prepared for a chilly night and morning. If you pack what is on the packing list you will be fine.
What is Outdoor Core?
Outdoor Core allows for adults and girls sign up to attend at the same time and learn core outdoor skills together. If your troop is ready to explore the great outdoors, these are the programs for you!
Daisies, Brownies, & Juniors will learn and practice awesome outdoor camping skills!
Cadettes, Seniors, & Ambassadors will learn how to teach girls outdoor skills and plan an adventure with safety in mind!
For adults, this course is designed to prepare you to take your troop on an outdoor adventure. You will learn how to safely take girls on hikes and car camping trips to developed campgrounds. The focus is on strategies for allowing girls to safely and successfully learn, practice and master basic hiking and camping skills—actually practicing these strategies with younger girls.