July 26 from 12-5pm at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science. Registration is open June 1-30. Open to teams of adults ages 18 and over. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest
• Registration Fee—Minimum donation of $250.00 per team to NM FLL
• Proceeds will support scholarships for NM teams
• Equipment rental is included– Equipment check-out will begin June 23, 201 4
• Rental includes: Robot Kit, Resource Kit, NXT Software, Field Kit (mat, models and mission descriptions)
• The Mission Challenge will be selected from one of the previous year’s challenges and will be announced on June 23, 2014
Registration form for event
Watch The Gear Girls on KASA
The Atomic Flying Pickles Exhibit at the 2013 White House Science Fair
Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President
White House Science Fair wrap-up:
KASA New Mexico Style segment: Meet a team of Los Alamos Girl Scouts who are headed to the First Lego League Championship in St. Louis, Missouri later this month. Joining Nikki with their invention are the Atomic Flying Pickles, Evelyn Doebling, Lauren Stubben, Haylee Richardson, Catherine Rousculp, and Summer Bronson, sixth graders at Mountain Elementary School. They talk about the First Lego League and the World Championship, share their inventions and talk about this year's theme, "Senior Solutions."
Congratulations to our Girl Scout FIRST® LEGO® League Teams!!!
At the New Mexico FIRST® LEGO® League Tournament on Saturday January 26, GSNMT was represented by six FLL Teams and two Jr. FLL Teams.
Albuquerque Metro GS Teams: Gear Girls, Noisy X-treme Team, Goddesses of LEGO Mechanics, Super Dots-The Sequel, The Blue Penguins (Jr. FLL), and The Cuties (Jr. FLL).
Los Alamos GS Teams: The Atomic Flying Pickles and Banoona Skunk Band.
GS Team achievements:
- The Atomic Flying Pickles won 1st place!
- Gear Girls won the Research Award
- Banoona Skunk Band won the Inspiration Award
- Super Dots-The Sequel won the Gracious Professionalism Award
Atomic Flying Pickles and their 1st place trophy!
GSNMT & FLL Partnership
The Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails is proud to be an Affiliate Partner with the New Mexico FIRST® LEGO® League.
January 26, 2013 - 9:00am-5:00pm at Albuquerque Academy
It included --
- Junior FIRST LEGO League - a morning Expo for our 16 teams, for students ages 6-9
- FIRST LEGO League - competition events during the day for the 29 teams, from throughout the state of New Mexico and one from Colorado, for students ages 9-14
All FIRST events were free and open to the public. Please see the flyer below more details about the past event.
New Mexico FLL State Championship Tournament - FLL® Challenge - Senior Solutions
New Mexico Jr.FLL State Expo - Jr.FLL® Challenge – Super Seniors, exploring quality of life for senior citizens
more info at www.nmfll.org
Click here for the 2013 FLL Flyer