Resources for adults working with girls and their parents
Adults act as coaches who help girls develop leadership skills by using these three processes:
- Girl-led: Girls play an active part in figuring out the what, where, when, how, and why of their activities. They lead the planning and decision-making as much as possible.
- Learning by doing: Girls engage in continuous cycles of action and reflection that result in deeper understanding of concepts and mastery of practical skills.
- Cooperative learning: Girls work together toward shared goals in an atmosphere of respect and collaboration that encourages the sharing of skills, knowledge, and learning.
Practical Tips for Parents (PDF)
- Girl Scout Cookie Program: 5 Skills for Girls Toolkit (facing pages) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Girl Scout Cookie Program: 5 Skills for Girls Toolkit (single-page format) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Financial Empowerment, the K-12 Program (facing pages) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Financial Empowerment, the K-12 Program (single-page format) (PDF) — English | Spanish
Handouts from "5 Skills for Girls" Toolkit
Cookie Program Certificates